Nickelodeon GUTS was a gameshow on Nickelodeon in the early to mid 90s. It involved three kids competing in various physical competitions, akin to American Gladiators. The final round was a rock climb up the Agro Crag. The show was hosted by Mike O'Malley and refereed by Moira Quirk. The graphics were originally fluorescents, but changed to riveted metal later on. Each player received a medal depending upon the final standings, and the first place contestant also received an Agro Crag trophy.
When the visuals changed from fluorescents to metal as an update for the mid 90s, the Agro Crag was updated to the Mega Crag.
After the original show was canceled, a new show known as Global GUTS was established with kids from various countries. The Mega Crag became the Super Agro Crag.
In a format similar to the Olympics, the medal ceremony involved raising the competitors' flags behind a podium while the winner's national anthem played.
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Commonwealth of Independent States
My Family's Got GUTS
A family-themed revival was created in 2008 and ran for about three weeks.
- Although Belarus did not have a representative in Global GUTS, its flag can be seen in the rafters in some shots.
- The CIS is an actual organization created out of former Soviet republics. Its purpose on the show was to reflect the recent breakup of the USSR.
- AJ from Backstreet Boys was a contestant.
- Despite being a "world championship", Global GUTS only represented four regions:
- North America (United States)
- Europe (UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, CIS)
- Middle East (Israel)
- Latin America (Mexico)
A video game was released onto the Super Nintendo